Since 1988, the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has paid out approximately $3.4 billion
Over 80% of all compensation are settlements in which HHS has not concluded that the alleged vaccine(s) caused the alleged injury
The VICP allows individuals to file a petition for compensation when they experience more serious side effects from vaccines
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) covers the following vaccines:
- Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (DTP, DTaP, Tdap, DT, Td, or TT)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis A (HAV)
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Influenza (TIV, LAIV) [given each year]
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR, MR, M, R)
- Meningococcal (MCV4, MPSV4)
- Polio (OPV or IPV) 1
- Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV)
- Rotavirus (RV)
- Varicella (VZV)
- Any combination of the vaccines above
What must be proved in order to be paid?
To be eligible to file a claim, the effects of the person’s injury must have lasted for more than 6 months after the vaccine was given; or resulted in a hospital stay and surgery; or resulted in death.
According to the VICP, you must prove that:
- the injured person received a vaccine listed on the Table; and
- the first symptom of the injury/condition on the Table as defined in the Qualifications and Aids to Interpretation (Aids)* occurred within the time period listed on the Table; or
- the vaccine caused the injury; or
- the vaccine caused an existing illness to get worse (significantly aggravated).
In addition, the Court must determine that the injury or death did not result from any other possible causes.
*Download the vaccine injury program qualifications table.
Why Choose Us?
About Russell W. Lewis
Russell W. "Rusty" Lewis, is an aggressive, results-driven legal professional, dedicated to providing help to those in need of a committed attorney. In addition to handling vaccine injury cases, Russell represents clients in nursing home negligence, medical malpractice, wrongful death and serious personal injury cases. Through verdicts and settlements over the course of his career, Russell has helped recover millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
Russell is licensed in Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Tennessee. Additionally, he has been admitted to practice in the United States Court of Federal Claims, the United States Tax Court, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee.
What Others Say
"I have known Russell Lewis for eight years and unequivocally can say that he is a fantastic lawyer. He is knowledgeable, conscientious, experienced and most importantly, ethical."
What Others Say
"When I needed a lawyer, Russell came highly recommended by a close friend. My case involved very sensitive topics and difficult issues. Russell handled everything with the highest level of professionalism and competence. I was very satisfied with the results he helped me achieve."
What Others Say
"Mr. Lewis handled a very difficult case for my family and was a true professional throughout. He helped us secure a great result."
Frequently Asked Questions
Please fill out this form to request a free consultation.
We will be in touch shortly to discuss your specific circumstances and walk you through the next steps.